Firm is about to undertake the manufacture of a product, and it is weighing three capacity alternatives: small job shop, large job shop, and repetitive manufacturing.The small job shop has fixed costs of $30,000 per month and variable costs of $120 per unit. The larger job shop has fixed costs of $120,000 per month and variable costs of $30 per unit. The repetitive manufacturing plant has fixed costs of $320,000 and variable costs of $18 per unit. Demand for the product is expected to be 15,0000 units per month with “moderate” market acceptance, but 12,000 under “strong” market acceptance. The probability of moderate acceptance is estimated to be 60 percent; strong acceptance has a probability of 40 percent. The product will sell for $25 per unit regardless of the capacity decision. Which capacity choice should the firm make?
https://essayhope.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/logo-1-300x75.png 0 0 pyta https://essayhope.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/logo-1-300x75.png pyta2022-06-03 09:23:092022-06-03 09:23:09Firm is about to undertake the manufacture of a product, and it is weighing three capacity alternatives: small job shop,