Labor Unions and Collective Bargaining
Explore the role of labor unions.
Describe the basic union structure and organized labor’s strategies for a stronger movement.
Discuss laws affecting collective bargaining.
Summarize the formation of bargaining units and the collective bargaining process.
Describe the grievance procedure in a union environment.
Explain union decertification.
Internal Employee Relations.
Explain the concept of employment at will.
Describe the concept of discipline and summarize disciplinary action.
Discuss employment termination of various occupational groups.
Explain the use of ombudspersons and alternative dispute resolution.
Describe transfers, promotions, resignations, and retirements as factors involved in internal employee relations.
Discuss three major factors that contribute to an employee’s decision to join a union. Discuss the five reasons that have contributed to the trend of decline in unionization.
How would a manager use the progressive disciplinary action approach? How would the use of this approach prevent employees from being surprised if they are terminated?
– Minimum of 450+ words and in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced)
– Identify the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding.
– essay form (narrative form) no Bullet points should not to be used
– 2 outside scholarly or professional source related to human resource management.
– Textbook : Title: Human Resource Management , ISBN: 9780134739724 Authors: Martocchio Publisher: Pearson Edition: 15TH 19