College of Health Sciences Summer 2021/22 ASSIGNMENT GUIDELINES
|Course Title and Code||EHS205 – Introduction to Environmental Health and Safety|
|Course Instructor||Dr. Musthafa O. Mavukkandy|
In this assignment, you are asked to choose a process industry of interest to you (e.g., oil and gas, food and beverage, etc.) and, in the form of a three-page essay, research potential hazards to which workers could be exposed in this industry. Please consider the following points regarding the content of the essay:
- Describe the chosen industry and its importance worldwide and in the UAE.
- Discuss the hazards in the chosen industry and highlight the ones most important to address.
- Categorize the hazards as either chemical, physical, ergonomic, biological, security, or environmental.
The following points regarding the content and format of the paper should be followed:
- The paper should be around 3 pages, excluding the references (on a separate page) following the template.
- The content of the report should be based on at least 6 references.
- The text in all paragraphs should be in Times New Roman, font size 12, regular, and justified with multiple line spacing of 1.15.
- The margins shall be as follows: Top & Bottom: 1 inch, Left & Right: 1 inch.
- One extra line spacing should be left in between paragraphs.
- The heading of each section should be in Times New Roman, font size 14, and bold.
- All sub-section headings should be in Times New Roman, font size 12, bold, italic, and numbered.
- In-text citation should follow APA style.
- References should be in APA style listed at the end, arranged in alphabetical order, and numbered 1, 2, 3, etc. Students can check the following link for additional guidance: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/resources.html
- Figures should be numbered as Fig. 1, Fig. 2, etc. The figure caption should be at the bottom of the figure.
- All tables should be numbered as Table 1, Table 2, etc. The title of the table should be at the top of the table.
- The maximum allowed per cent similarity is 20% (excluding the references).
- Assignment Announced: 29.06.2022
- Submission Deadline: 18.07.2022