Interview someone who has a different cultural background from your own and is of a different gender (I am a caucasian female). Then, self-interview and compare your responses with the person you interviewed. Finally, using both sets of responses, write 3–5 pages in which you examine cross-cultural and cross-gender similarities and differences in health-related behaviors.
Complete the following:
- Choose a person to interview from a different cultural background and gender.
- Use the Health Behaviors Questionnaire located in the Required Resources to interview your chosen person and yourself.
- Write up the responses from both interviews.
- Analyze the responses:
- What kind of similarities and differences did you find between your definition of “being healthy” and your partner’s definition?
- What kind of similarities and differences did you find between your responses and your partner’s responses in the attitudes and behaviors concerning gender?
- What, if any, are the cultural values reflected in your responses and your partner’s responses? Analyze any values you discover.
- How would you evaluate current psychological research as it relates to understanding culture, gender, and health attitudes?
- How can the knowledge of cultural differences inform social policy related to health care?
- Include a title page and a references page.
- Include an introductory paragraph and a concluding paragraph.
- Include a minimum of two research resources.
- Be sure to follow APA guidelines for style and formatting.
- Ensure your finished assessment should be 3–5 pages in length, excluding the title page and references page.