Listen: to This American Life Episode 296: After The Flood (September 9, 2005) 60 min http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/296/after-the-flood
Reflect on the following:
- What “Act” stuck out to you the most? Why?
- What would you find the most challenging as someone involved in Emergency Management or as part of a Recovery team?
- How might these experiences have been better Prevented?
- What can we do to build more resilient communities BEFORE a disaster strikes so the impact of such a disaster is lessened?
- What must be done AFTER a disaster in this context to build community recovery and resilience?
NOTE: Please be respectful of different viewpoints, experiences, and reflections. Be open-minded in order to learn from each other’s points of view.