1. Decide the name of your company. It could be real or made up.
2. Think of a new product that your company needs to start producing.
3. Define the production process that will result in the creation of your product:
a. What would be the inputs,
b. What transformations will the inputs undergo,
c. What would be the outputs.
4. Choose the production system appropriate for your plant: continuous, mass, batch or job-shop production. Explain the reasons for your choice.
5. Choose your plant location: a. Choose a country, a region, and a site within that region. b. Use the “Factor rating method” to justify your decision.
6. Draw a layout for your plant. Is it a product or process type of layout?
7. Define what types of material handling equipment you will use for your plant at the different steps of the process according to the previously chosen layout.
8. Choose one of the inputs to your process that needs to be procured from an external provider and establish the economic order of quantity. Estimate the different parameters as you deem appropriate (annual usage, order cost and carrying cost).
9. Decide if JIT is appropriate for your plant and provide the reasons for your decision.
• Wordcount: 2000-2500 words
• Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded of the total wordcount.
• Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
• Text alignment: Justified.
• The in-text References and the Bibliography have to be in Harvard’s citation style.