Read their paper: Atmospheric transport of radioactive debris to Norway in case of a hypothetical accident related to the recovery of the Russian submarine K-27. Journal of Environmental Radioactivity 151 (2016) 404e416Preview the document
Answer the following questions:
1. Describe the SNAP Model and what it does.
2. What is the effect of particle size on the SNAP Model?
3. What type of meteorological data are required to conduct the analysis?
4. How was the amount of radioactivity in the submarines reactors estimated?
5. What criterion were used to simulate a “worst case” scenario?
6. How did the worst case scenario compare with the radioactivity deposited on Norway by the Chernobyl accident?
7. What is your opinion about the usefulness of the SNAP Model estimating environmental consequences of a nuclear accident?