Resources: Human Resource Management; Supplemental Resources.
Answer The 10 questions below, to ask a manager from each member’s organization, to gain an understanding of the performance management process.
- How are performance metrics able to determine the quality of an employee’s work?
- What would be your Performance Improvement Plan if a team member is struggling with production?
- What are the tools/resources to ensure employee success?
- What are some incentives for employees who exceed expectations and high performance?
- How would you determine the best way to motivate an employee to perform better and succeed to the organization’s expectations?
- As a manager, how do you regulate and control each individual when the employee lacks ability to perform well under the expectations of the organization.
- How does the organization communicate the expectations for the goals and objectives to the employees?
- How does the organization guarantee goal and objective alignment between each business unit to prevent conflicting metrics?
- What is the ideal working environment for you to be most productive?
- Is there career planning in employee performance reviews?
Discuss your findings as a team.
Create a 262 word report, including:
- Recommend ways the performance management process could be improved, if needed, or why it doesn’t need to be improved, in each organization.