Purpose of Assignment
Week 5 exposes students to subjects that are intended to whet their appetites for further study in economics. Students will use the theory of consumer choice and the impact of the concepts of asymmetric information, political economy, and behavior economics, to describe how consumers make economic decisions.
Scenario: You have been asked to assist your organization’s marketing department to better understand how consumers make economic decisions.
Write a 1,100-word analysis including the following:
- The impact the theory of consumer choice has on:
- Demand curves
- Higher wages
- Higher interest rates
- The role asymmetric information has in many economic transactions.
- The Condorcet Paradox and Arrow’s Impossibility Theorem in the political economy.
- People are not rational in behavior economics.
- Include at least one chart, table, or graph in the paper.
- Use A Section Heading For Each of the above Topics In Your Paper. Do not blend all the Information in the paper without separating each topic with a section heading.
- Use a Running head and page headers
Cite a minimum of three peer-reviewed sources not including your textbook.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.