- To encourage you to think critically about the clash between the First Amendment and Constitutional limits on defamation actions.
- To give you practice in LexisNexis researching legal topics.
- To verify that you are able to write an appropriate legal memorandum discussing case law as it compares to Constitutional law.
- You should have read the case New York Times Co. v. Sullivan. You can find the case in LexisNexis.
- You should have read the case Hustler v. Falwell, as well. You can find it in LexisNexis, also.
- Research the 1st Amendment to the United States Constitution.
- In a memorandum (which you have done in many previous classes), discuss the Hustler v. Falwell case and the New York Times Co. v. Sullivan case and the Constitutional limitations related to them.