Week 4 Discussion Forum
Deliverable Length: 3-Part Discussion Forum: See assignment details
- Create operational procedure and checklists
- Generate work schedules using labor control concepts
To receive full credit for this Discussion Forum assignment and to facilitate an academic discussion, the following 3 parts need to be completed:
- Primary Task Response: Must be posted in the forum 5 days prior to the Part 3 due date.
- Peer Response: Must be posted 2 days prior to Part 3 due date.
- Summary Response: Must be posted by due date listed in assignment list.
Part 1: Primary Task
Within the Discussion Forum area, write in no less than 150 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Quality and quantity standards are critical standards that must be established before management can begin to control costs. Quality and quantity standards for labor are established by organizing an enterprise, preparing job descriptions, and scheduling employees.
With appropriate information obtained from records of daily and hourly business volume, a manager is prepared to develop schedules for employees, an important element in controlling labor costs. Because of various reason scheduling of variable-cost employees and fixed-cost employees occur.
- Describe three standards and how having these standards a manager can implement training and control process to ensure quality performance and customer satisfaction.
- Discuss what influences and considerations are made when scheduling employees.
- Identify some challenges that flexed or varied schedules cause.
- Make sure to use specific examples.