Substantive response, Please further discussion.
At least 2 references
175 word minimum
Respond to the following:
Here are some of the best strategies that can be used to protect health care facilities:
1. Efficient communication – embracing honest and open communication between health care providers and the patient and patients’ family help in reducing medical malpractice claims. This is because, clear answers and instructions will be given, realistic goals are set and the patient feel the openness of that genuine care. Lack of disclosure in care process result in more liability issues.
2. Informed consent – before any medical procedure, the patient should be informed of the procedure and the risks involved and should therefore sign the informed consent. This help in protecting the health facility from liability issues in case a complication develop.
3. Ensuring there is sufficient follow up of diagnostic tests and specialist referral. Inadequate follow up have resulted in serious litigation as patient fails to receive the appropriate treatment.
4. Ensuring proper training of their staffs and that the health care workers stay up-to-date with current developments in there areas of expertise.This help reduce medical liability issues which normally focus on current developments in areas of practice.
5. Ensuring staffs have technical skills, systems are working well with back ups systems available and proper documentation.
Some of the common and serious liability issues are:
Missed or delay diagnosis leading to worsening of the patient and even death.
Surgical treatment complications
Medication errors due to poor documentation or miss diagnosis.
These medical issues can easily be identified and verified hence the facility is likely to be found guilty if necessary strategies were not employed to avoid these errors.